A convenience store like Wawa is a great addition to any community because it lets you have practically everything you need within reach. One-stop shops are becoming more innovative and less conventional in their offerings. You may be able to purchase quinoa salads, gourmet chips, and European chocolates from your local Wawa store, but does that list include lottery tickets?
Wawa sells lottery tickets via lottery vending machines stationed at their stores. You can buy tickets for instant and number games, including Mega Millions, Powerball, and Pick Six. You can also play jackpot games by filling out designated cards with your preferred numbers.
In the rest of this post, I will talk about how you can get lottery tickets at Wawa, where you can find Wawa stores and your options in paying for your lottery tickets and other purchases from Wawa. I will also talk about the wide array of options available at various Wawa convenience stores. Let’s start!
How To Buy Lottery Tickets at Wawa
You can buy lottery tickets from vending machines located inside Wawa stores. They are pretty straightforward to use. Note that the machines only accept $1 to $20 bills. If you are expecting change, you will receive it in the form of a voucher that you can use as cash at the register.
This is how you do it:
- Insert your money through the slot.
- Select the game you want to play.
- Choose your numbers.
- Get your lottery ticket.
The ticket vending machines can also scan your lottery tickets. For small wins, you can have your prize converted into vouchers that you can use to purchase various items from the store.
Where To Find Wawa Stores
Wawa is an American convenience store company with over 950 retail stores along the East Coast. 750 of these have gasoline stations. Wawa’s headquarters is located in the Wawa area in Pennsylvania, hence the store’s name.
You can find Wawa stores in these areas:
- Washington D.C.
- New Jersey
Interesting Items You May See at Wawa
Wawa is not just your typical convenience store. This chain of convenience stores and gas stations offers a wide array of choices to suit your needs and wants. From food to lottery tickets, you can be sure to find most essentials in your local Wawa store.
Here are some interesting things you might see the next time you stop by Wawa:
- Coffee. Wawa offers a wide variety of coffees, from your basic cup of joe to flavored java and specialty brews. Coffee is available day in and day out. For non-coffee lovers, you can try their hot chocolate drink and maybe even plunk some tiny marshmallows in your mug.
- Breakfast. Wawa attracts quite a crowd of regular morning patrons. People especially love their freshly-made breakfast sandwiches, croissants, bagels, and hashbrowns. These ready-to-eat meals go perfectly with your cup of coffee or hot choco.
- Cold drinks. You can get your smoothie fix from your local Wawa store. They sell various fruit smoothies, milkshakes, Slurpees, frozen lemonade, and iced latte. You can drop by on a hot afternoon, and you can be sure to find the perfect drink to quench your thirst.
- Hoagies! Wawa is famous for its very own Hoagies. You can choose from their menu or create your own sandwich at the deli station. They even run a summer-long Wawa’s Hoagiefest, where Hoagies are offered at lower prices.
- Snacks. If your stomach starts rumbling, you can stop by your local Wawa store and grab yourself a snack.
- ATMs and gas. Some Wawa stores have attached gas stations. You can use your Wawa card to fill up on gas and earn points and discounts each time. They also have ATMs inside their stores that are surcharge-free.
Their kiosk food stations are packed with choices. Here are some snacks that you might like:
- Ice cream
- Fruit trays
- Mashed potatoes
- Mozzarella sticks
The Different Ways To Pay at Wawa
There are different ways to pay for purchases in today’s digital age, and Wawa makes sure that they keep up with the changing times. They provide their customers with various options in paying for purchases, whether in-store, by delivery, or via pickup.
Here are the ways through which you can pay for your Wawa purchases:
- Cash. Just like any other store, Wawa accepts cash for in-store purchases. You can also pay in cash for deliveries and pickups. Cash is the only option available when buying lottery tickets from their self-service vending machines.
- Credit card and debit card. Go cashless by paying for your purchases using your credit card or debit card. Wawa even offers their very own credit card, from which you can earn and redeem even more rewards. You also get great deals and discounts for gas purchases when you use your Wawa card.
- Wawa App. This app is best for those who frequently purchase items from Wawa. It lets you pay for your purchases via your smartphone. You can also check for fuel prices, look up the nutritional content of food sold in their stores, and even earn and redeem Wawa points. This app will also come in handy when traveling because you can use it to locate the nearest Wawa store or gas station.
Wawa is a one-stop shop that offers various items to cater to your needs and wants. Their stores are usually open 24/7, so you can drop by anytime. Aside from loading up on gas and buying yourself a cup of joe and perhaps a Hoagie, you can now get your lottery tickets from your local Wawa store too! You might be also interested in checking out Does Buc-ee’s Sell Lottery Tickets?